Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Over the Next Few Weeks....


“Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.” (1 Timothy 4.12 ESV)

This verse (shown above) is one that I bet most of you have heard. This verse is constantly used by people today, but is it practiced? Today instead of writing a devotional I want to sort of set us up for the next 5 weeks. This passage in 1 Timothy gives us 5 areas in which we are supposed to set an example. Those 5 are:

  1. Speech
  2. Conduct
  3. Love
  4. Faith
  5. Purity
Over the next few weeks I will be writing about each of these 5 areas in which we are to be examples. I will look at how we can be a negative example as well as a positive. I hope you’ll take the time to look over this verse and think about how we can be examples in each of these 5 areas. I know this wasn’t a devotional today but I wanted to make a post in order to set us up for things to come. I hope you’ll stop by next week the first devotional over 1 Timothy 4.12! -Jack D.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to reading your thoughts on these 5 areas Jack D.! This is a great passage to be sure. Keep up the GOD work sir! See ya in August!

    ReplyDelete